Business Beyond Borders Episode #14 – Rob Rawson, Founder & CEO of Time Doctor
In this episode of the Business Beyond Borders podcast, I interview Rob Rawson, Founder and CEO of Time Doctor.
Rob Rawson is a former medical doctor turned entrepreneur. After starting several successful and failed businesses ventures, he became the founder and CEO of Time Doctor, which offers employee time tracking software for companies with global virtual teams.
Tune in to my interview with Rob to find out about:
- How he started his career as a medical doctor before transitioning to an entrepreneur, and the experiences that shaped his decision to switch
- How he manages an entirely remote team of more than 60 people in 28 countries, and balances that with a young family
- How Time Doctor allows companies to build global virtual teams and access the talent they need to grow their business
- How Time Doctor uses content marketing and customer referrals to grow its international user base
- How Time Doctor focuses on its customers’ core needs to compete in the highly competitive global software-as-a-service (SAAS) market
- Rob’s tips for effectively managing a global team and some of the mistakes he sees companies make in doing so
- Why Rob thinks entrepreneurs and business owners should aim big, to counter the self-limiting beliefs that we all place on ourselves throughout our lives and careers
Rob is someone who had the courage to leave a safe career path for what he was really passionate about – being an entrepreneur. His outlook on the world and his “sky’s the limit” approach were refreshing – check it out!
Rob’s team is running the Running Remote conference in Bali on 23-24 June with an all-star lineup of speakers from Buffer, Doist, Flexjobs, Atlassian, GitHub and Transferwise.
Business Beyond Borders subscribers can access a 20% discount on registration using the code cynthiadearin.
If you’re a small business thinking of going global, check out the International Business Accelerator – an end-to-end solution that helps micro-to-medium businesses build and implement an international strategy.
Author: Cynthia Dearin
Cynthia Dearin is an international business strategist, advisor, keynote speaker and author of Amazon best-seller Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires: Your Guide to Business Culture in the Middle East and North Africa. With 18 years of international experience, as an Australian diplomat and management consultant, she is the Founder and Managing Director of Dearin Associates and the International Business Accelerator that helps clients to access opportunities in fast-growing international markets around the world.