Business Beyond Borders Podcast Episode #16 – Doyle Buehler, Digital Business Transformation Mentor
In this episode of the Business Beyond Borders podcast, I interview Doyle Buehler, Founder and CEO of Dept.Digital.
Doyle Buehler, is a best-selling author, global entrepreneur, international speaker & digital business thought leader, specialising in strategic digital branding and marketing. Doyle has built multiple award-winning innovative online, ecommerce startups and digital media businesses around the world.
Tune in to my interview with Doyle to find out about:
- How he started his career as a pilot and aeronautical engineer before transitioning to an International digital business transformation mentor.
- How he manages an international business, traveling in between Australia, Canada and the US.
- How Dept.Digital helps entrepreneurs accelerate their business, drive demand, build engagement and survive in today’s hyper-competitive world.
- Doyle’s advice to companies thinking of going international and steps that needs to be done first, such as having a viable business structure, and solid international business strategy before taking the next step.
- Doyle’s international expansion experience, motivations, key lessons, recommended strategies and techniques.
- His thoughts on handling customers’ cultural differences, and how important it is to learn more about a new market and new business environment
- Doyle’s tips on managing different time zones, and prioritising and managing time effectively
- A common challenge that most tech companies face – the lack of a strong business model which leads to their failure most of the time. .
Doyle was a pilot and aeronautical engineer before he became a serial entrepreneur, establishing and running a string of companies. But it hasn’t all been smooth sailing. Doyle hit a rough patch when his successful and rapidly expanding software company became a casualty of the 2009 global financial crisis.
One of his key learnings from that experience was that building an international business requires a solid strategy. Doyle says “once you have a general plan it is not that hard. There are some steps that you have to go through, there are specific ways and methodologies that you can use, but it is a matter of starting small but thinking, is there a possibility here? And in most cases, there is”.
Over the years, Doyle has created a lifestyle that many people can only dream of – splitting his time between the US, Canada and Australia … he’s the ultimate digital nomad.
This is a great episode for anyone wanting to know how to build a flexible, lifestyle business!
If you’re a small business thinking of going global, check out the International Business Accelerator – an end-to-end solution that helps micro-to-medium businesses build and implement an international strategy.
Author: Cynthia Dearin
Cynthia Dearin is an international business strategist, advisor, keynote speaker and author of Amazon best-seller Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires: Your Guide to Business Culture in the Middle East and North Africa. With 18 years of international experience, as an Australian diplomat and management consultant, she is the Founder and Managing Director of Dearin Associates and the International Business Accelerator that helps clients to access opportunities in fast-growing international markets around the world.