Business Beyond Borders Podcast Episode #17 – Corinne Bot, Founder, CEO & Chief Disruptor of Polyglot Group
In this episode of the Business Beyond Borders podcast, I interview Corinne Bot, Corinne Bot, Founder, CEO & Chief Disruptor of Polyglot Group, a leading global boutique consultancy dedicated to helping businesses expand globally and optimise their growth journey.
Polyglot Group was born 23 years ago, when Corinne realised that creating her own business was one way to have the career she wanted while raising a family. Today the company has a global network of expert partners and an international team spanning 9 time zones. Polyglot Group provide comprehensive solutions in business setup, HR consulting and outsourcing, talent acquisition, translation and interpreting and payroll outsourcing.
Corinne is a strong advocate for diversity and firmly believes in the necessity for leaders to be active in their community. She is a Trade Adviser for the French Government and a leader of the French community in Australia.
With over 20 years of experience in multicultural HR consulting, recruitment as well as business solutions, it is no surprise that Corinne successfully expanded her business to Europe, the United States and Asia.
Tune in to my interview with Corinne to find out about:
- How she started her career as a hairdresser before becoming an entrepreneur.
- How she created Polyglot Group as a new migrant to in Australia
- Corinne’s strategy for taking Polyglot Group international, some of the challenges she encountered, and how she overcame them.
- How Polyglot helps clients all around the world to expand globally and addresses the challenge of working with cultural differences from country-to-country.
- How she manages Polyglot now that it’s crossing the 100-person mark all over the world.
- How Corinne juggled family life and being a business owner, over the years.
- How reading books like Le Petit Prince, The Little Prince by Saint-Exupery, The Brave New World from Aldous Huxley, and Helen Keller’s Life, influenced her life.
- Corinne’s advice to women entrepreneurs who want to take their business international.
I had a fantastic time interviewing Corinne and left our conversation feeling inspired and motivated to continue my own entrepreneurial journey. I loved her focus on building and empowering a team and on leaving a legacy. Her observation that she believes she has been successful in business because she is “not obsessed by it” also challenged and prompted me to think more deeply about my own beliefs and approach to being an entrepreneur.
If you’re a small business thinking of going global, check out the International Business Accelerator – an end-to-end solution that helps micro-to-medium businesses build and implement an international strategy.
Author: Cynthia Dearin
Cynthia Dearin is an international business strategist, advisor, keynote speaker and author of Amazon best-seller Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires: Your Guide to Business Culture in the Middle East and North Africa. With 18 years of international experience, as an Australian diplomat and management consultant, she is the Founder and Managing Director of Dearin Associates and the International Business Accelerator that helps clients to access opportunities in fast-growing international markets around the world.