Today, we’re doing something a little different. I’m talking to my colleague, Zach Selch, the Global Sales Mentor. Zach is the VP Global Sales for a high tech medical company and has spent his career solving international sales challenges that CEOs can’t fix.
He’s passionate about driving incremental improvement across every inch of the sales process and every nut and bolt in the sales organization. Zach is the person that companies have called in, time and again, when they have tried to grow a market or their international division and simply haven’t been able to get off the ground.
Over the past almost 30 years, Zach has built up the international sales of several companies, from start-ups to publicly traded companies, four times growing sales by more than 1000%, three times bringing in the single largest purchase order in a product’s history; adding hundreds of millions of dollars to the value of mid-market companies by increasing their international footprint.
Zach has sold in more than 135 countries and lived in six. He is an ex-paratrooper, a father of 3 and boxes, he smokes brisket and runs a soup kitchen when he isn’t on the road. Zach was in Germany when the wall went down, in Jordan when peace with Israel was signed, has had breakfast with the Dalai Lama, and has been in the right place for a surprising number of right times.
In this episode, Zach and I trade ideas on the ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’ of international business expansion and there’s loads of practical advice and “how-to” tips for founders and CEOs looking to scale up overseas.
Tune in to find out:
- Why there’s no better way to raise the value of your company than by expanding your global footprint
- The biggest mistakes that companies make as they try to ‘go global’
- Why getting on a plane can be a smart way to sound out a new international market
- How to trial your product at an international trade show … without getting an exhibition booth
- The most important questions to ask your potential distributor, and
- How to create a sales process that works almost everywhere
And if you’re keen to attend Zach’s upcoming Global Sales course this North American fall, you can check it out at www.globalsalesmentor.com.